This is the story of Nova Forests, what they could and should be, and their real sad condition.
Nature Nova Scotia (Federation of Nova Scotia Naturalists) exists to support the common interests of naturalists clubs, and to represent those clubs at the provincial level. Its primary activities include the conservation of species and spaces, education and the sustainable use of resources
Nova Scotia creates advisory committee to focus on forestry
from Halifax Daily News 2 Sep 2015
The following naturalist clubs within Nova Scotia and a number of members-at-large form Nature Nova Scotia.
- Blomidon Naturalists Society (Eastern Annapolis Valley)
- Cape Breton Naturalists Society (Sydney area)
- Halifax Field Naturalists (Halifax area)
- Nova Scotia Wildflora Society (Nova Scotia)
- Nova Scotia Bird Society (Nova Scotia)
- Young Naturalist Clubs
Other naturalist organizations are active in Truro, Pictou, East Hants, and Antigonish.
Nature Nova Scotia